<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Cutter

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cutter

So Dick is taking a relief printmaking class this semester.  It's the same one I took the first semester we got to Salisbury.  I love it so much that I've been doodling around while he's working on his projects.  Here's what I have so far...


This is an inked linoleum block.  The kind of linoleum I like best is really thick, but it does have a texture to it...if you don't sand it down then it will look like this:


This one moved a little while I was burnishing...should've taken a pic of the good one ^_^   See how it's not all solid black?  That's the effect you get from the linoleum.  I like it though.


This one is done on regular white pine.  You can get a 4' board from Home Depot for around 5.00...awesome.  Here's the finished:


It might not be totally finished.  I'm not sure how I feel about her shirt.  I need feedback.  Otherwise I'm happy with it and will be printing soon!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Those prints are great!! I took a printmaking class once - it was lots of work but so much fun.

 
At 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think all of these are awesome and depending on how much a print is, i might be visiting your etsy site soon.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger genuinelygreen said...

These are fantastic! Love them all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home