<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Whiterock Overlook

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whiterock Overlook

On our honeymoon to Santa Fe, we took some time to visit a special scenic overlook called Whiterock Overlook. We stopped off here on the way to Bandolier, which I'll share next week. But the overlook was just so amazingly breath-taking. I could've stayed there all day. And I'm convinced that sunrise and sunset there would be so beautiful I'd just throw up everywhere.

whiterock_1
This waterfall and stream were so gorgeous. It was so quiet you could hear the water falling and the river babbling.

whiterock_2
A closer shot.

whiterock_3
The other side of this cactus is oblivion! I made poor Andy so nervous by playing at the edge.

whiterock_4
But he stood pretty close, too ^_^

whiterock_5
I love cacti! Succulents are my favorites.

whiterock_6
The Rio Grand. We could hear the rushing river! I just can't accurately describe how amazing it is to hear that and be surrounded by such natural beauty.

whiterock_7

whiterock_8
We bought a Holga at a small photo shop on the plaza and had so much taking pictures! I'll share what we got developed from it and the Lomo we brought along ^_^

whiterock_9

whiterock_10
Newlyweds!

whiterock_11
That's the very edge of the mesa.
whiterock_12
See that railing? See that shear drop? Yeah. I'm a badass.

whiterock_17
Getting out there on the edge of a mesa was no problem. But turning around and have my perif just be a straight drop more than 100 feet down was...disconcerting. But I was on the edge of an effing mesa!!! So awesome.
whiterock_14
This last one is from Andy's instagram ^_^

I still can't get over how gorgeous it was there. So peaceful and quiet, with a cool breeze blowing and the sound of the river rushing and the waterfall quietly rolling over the rocks behind us. Just phenomenal.

<3

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home