<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY Illustrated Tote Bag

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

DIY Illustrated Tote Bag

This is one of my new favorite fabric techniques!  While looking around the craft store for fabric paint to make my cat stamped t-shirt, I ran across a fabric marker that looked pretty fun.  It was permanent after drying, chisel tip and pigment based.  It sounded too good to be true, so I tossed it in the bag to check it out.  There were other colors, but I'm a sucker for black and white.

I have to say, I was really impressed with how it turned out!

SUPPLIES
DIRECTIONS
  1. Gather your two supplies.
  2. Put a piece of cardboard or foam core between the layers of fabric to keep the ink from bleeding through.
  3. Draw your design! I did larger stars first and then filled in the spaces between with smaller stars.
  4. Done!  Follow the drying and finishing instructions that are printed on the marker and you're good to go.
Some other ideas for decorating your tote: Monograms, names, seasonal drawings for gifts for coworkers or family, cats (duh...a pattern for that might be coming soon!), trace handprints and label with name and year, friend's autographs, inspirational quotes, stripes, polka dots, x's, any pattern you can dream up...the list just goes on!  I'm definitely going to make another one soon.  It's just so stinking easy!  What you put on your tote?

Also...how adorable is Turks in this before photo?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home